Well, this is where I was when I paused reading again.

http://www.misfile.com/?date=2017-05-19

Since then, there was a Kickstarter for an art book. I posed a question for the video they hosted for Chris Hazelton to answer questions which was about the sequel he mentioned. I think what's going to happen is he's going to conclude Ash's story in the (relatively?) near future and the sequel is with new characters and a scenario with the potential for some of the cast from Misfile to drop in but they'll in effect be supporting characters, I guess. The primary focus won't be them is my current interpretation of things.

One general observation that generally occurred to me is that I don't recall any of the (mortal) characters in the know have stepped back and reflected on the big picture beyond their day-to-day problems, which is that God and the afterlife are *real* in the setting of this universe. You'd think it would have crossed someone's mind and especially the implications for them in the long run given they're not going to live forever. What happens next would rate a mention or thought at least, you would think.