Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
What I find a little weird is that the gods can’t all agree on annihilating Team Evil. Surely it’s each of their best interests to lay the divine smackdown on a bunch of villains who are trying to use the threat of the Snarl to control the world. Do they not know anything about Redcloak’s or Xykon’s plans? If so, why not? Surely they must care enough about the safety of the Gates to be constantly spying on the villains trying to seize them. It would be insane if none of the fifty-odd gods had thought to put someone on this.

Maybe The Dark One would react violently if they attacked Xykon or Redcloak, and that’d risk creating another Snarl? Yeah, that’s my new headcanon.
Another Snarl can only be created if the world-building process starts over from scratch- I don't think a fight among the Gods per se would risk that.

I think it was mentioned that the other Gods had conspired to hide the Gates' location from the Dark One, so it's conceivable that he's also been hiding Xykon and RC's activities from the other Gods. (I also vaguely recall some post from the author saying that the Dark One doesn't need to split the worship he receives with a wider pantheon, so he's pretty strong as Gods go.)

I very much doubt that even he could conceal the movements of an entire hobgoblin army, however, and if the Gods are worried about the secret of the Snarl leaking out to the general public, then it's fair to expect they've heard of Xykon's plan. Particularly given that at least two surviving azurite paladins do know exactly what TE are up to and have a direct fix on their current position.