The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

"I would say that in a...not quite spiritual sense, humanity is more of a sense of self than simply a matter of being human. I've seen far too many 'humans' end up not being very humane or seemed to lack any sense of humanity. I'd consider it a sense of self and purpose with direction. Sometimes moral, sometimes not. But I wouldn't say it has to do with being human as a species."
Jezebel says after a few moments of thought before setting her cup aside. She shifts in her seat, fidgeting for a minute before getting up to sit at Cessie's feet with her back against the mage's legs. "As for when I think I regained mine...it was when the apartment got destroyed by the bomb." She admits quietly, letting out a long defeated sigh as she remembers it. "Until then, I had simply stopped caring. It served as a...reality check. Brought me back, snapped me out of my apathy, and I started actually feeling again. I'd been so dead to emotion and sensation for so long that it was like an ice bath."

During the Invasion

The Lotus Gardens - Zenon

The stone roof bursts open a few meters away from the intruder and he'll find a rather plain looking woman dusting herself off as she steps away from the hole. She's wearing a cream colored suit and a black half-mask over the upper half of her face. Her right shoulder seems horribly mangled and shattered, but she shrugs and it audibly cracks as it knits itself back together. "Can I be of assistance?" She asks, voice as clear as crystal and just as bright. She seems entirely unarmed except for a small comb that she pulls out so she can slick back her auburn hair. "I would ask why you are intruding upon us, but I somehow sense that you would choose not to answer. My name is Annah. I am the receptionist."

An extremely powerful daemonic one if the energy signature is right.

Eastside - City Hall

"Bolt shells explode on impact, not into flak."
Jezebel advises as she looks into the direction that Cessie indicates. She frowns, something she feels like she's been doing quite often of late. "This isn't right." She decides after a moment. "This isn't a normal invasion. They're after something." She adds with a shake of her head. "I mean, look around. There are demons, but there aren't swarms or masses of them like there would be if they wanted to destroy the city. Nor are they quite organized. Just...patches of them here or there. The big ones destroyed large buildings, but they didn't attack actual leadership. Does that make sense to you?" She asks as she calls up an image of a city map on her wrist. "We know they landed in East, North, and West, but not the South or my Gardens. Nor did they destroy city hall and they aren't attacking civilians so easily. Just what in the Warp is going on then?" She asks, sounding confused. "It feels like they're only...posturing. Enough to draw our attention, but away from what?"

As she tries to puzzle out the situation, Jones boards the bus and starts it up. He doesn't drive it just yet as he looks down at the layout. He wasn't quite sure how a Manual was supposed to drive...

Eastside - Sarah & Co.

Eric the quarter-dragon is knocked out of the air just as the air is knocked from his lungs. He lands heavily on the ground, especially with his heavy gun, but while the demon was distracted Sarah has regained her senses.

Her tendrils lash out to try and wrap around the demon's neck so her sharpened talons dig in deep enough to almost decapitate it when she finally pulls the tendrils back with force. She might not be as large as the demon is, but she's quite heavy and still mostly on the ground so she isn't likely to be tugged away or thrown about like Eric had been.

The "doll" in the air is hit by the lightning, causing her to scream but the scream doesn't sound like one of pain...

She was enjoying that burning way too much, and even as it chars some of her flesh and leaves scoring on the inorganic parts of her, it doesn't slow her down. Instead her grin simply widens as her claw lashes out. Whether it strikes or not, she isn't flying. She had leaped to the flying demons and will have to land on a building lower than them as soon as her attack run is done.

Southside

"Then I shall not go through your territory to fight."
The Empress declares. She still planned on fighting, but she would have to return to her estate first to get through Westside instead. If she isn't stopped from leaving, she'll simply turn her back and begin walking away, sword on her shoulder and shield in hand.