Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat View Post
I mean what are the power dynamics like? What is the optimization level? What is the setting like, is it something cannon or is it homebrewed? What kinds of adventures do you have? Can a player comfortably play non-magic users at your table? Is magic a requirement to make a competative character at your table? Things of that nature. I'm not really digging in to anything in particular except to see how other people play.
I like and run a high powered game, and I want players that like that also.

My game is a LOT more about Real Life Intelligence, Experience and Common Sense. Not so much Dull and Boring Mechanical stuff. Optimization is useful only backed by Real Life Intelligence, Experience and Common Sense. The Optimization roll player jerk does not last long in my game(often minutes).

I use the Forgotten Realms/Spelljammer/Planescape setting, though it's all ''homebrew''.

I like fast paced, exciting adventures. With lots of details and twists and turns.

Any players can play anything at my table and be perfectly fine in the game. Not only do I nerf the silly ''super duper magic'', but I make sure any character is great.

My game is very, very, very much about engaging the player, not the character. For example, I want a player to feel real (fictional) fear about something in the game...I don't want a dull player just sitting there and saying ''oh, my character is so scared''.

I like lots and lots and lots and lots of details. A player that pays even a little attention might be able to find/do/learn a lot.