@Jannalor: It takes a slight tug to retrieve the dart from your mask.

If things ran the way they are supposed to, you can bet nobody would be throwing darts at your face, much less with rolled up message wrapped around them, but this is what it's come to:

Your mask being used as a dart board. Still, whoever this is, it's a far better lead than Wilian Shortankard and so, you walk to the closest alley and raise your hand, a sign of non violence and remain so in the dark alley for at least a minute before a figure appears seated on the edge of an old creaky balcony at least ten feet above you:

"You know, that gnome you were with? Try a bigger pouch next time. Words only get you so far in The Mercy. Besides, the guy is bad news, something that applies to pretty much everyone here.

So you are one of the Jasidian Pale hands? I have heard of your order. You do understand that many here would not trust your outfit after what's going on, right?

That being said, you did help a friend of mine earlier at the Ludus Magnus, a paladin. She said she spared your life. Would not elaborate further upon why, but she also you helped them, so I guess that counts as a vouch.""

The woman remains on the balcony and puffs on her cigar, releasing several smoke rings into the night sky.

"I heard your schtick from my friend and then over heard it at the gnome's factory- you wish to help, but are you ready to do so? This is more than just an undead plague. If you are still willing to assist, perhaps I can be of service.

They did ask you to seek out someone, didn't they? A Society member, correct?""