Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
You literally said "I've also known people who were working with families, who had to learn because they would be out on the streets if they didn't." What is this "I never talked about kids" about?
I'm not sure what that's about because it literally has nothing to do with anything I've said. What I'm saying is that people who are working have a lot more stress than people who are in school, because the negative things that will happen if you screw up are drastically worse.

Yes because all forms of deep can be easily perceived by a layman.
So find me a Psychologist who backs your idea that every single person who has had to mature has suffered severe psychological trauma as a result? Or maybe retract your statement to "some of" which would require proof. You are the person who is claiming that people who have to mature more quickly than others have deep psychological issues. I'm only pointing out that claim is a tad ridiculous.

Say that to the innumerous and recurring cases of PTSD.
That would be "some" your argument was for "all" so you've still failed in that case. I doubt you'd even get near "most" with the numbers I've seen.

How can you tell? there is so much assumptions going on that this conversation is pointless and we should just stop here, heck I should stop here I just won't cause I have no self-control and I got to have the last word.
Well since your case was for all, then I'm alright with only me. But I've talked to plenty of folks who were pretty open about their problems, and many of them did not have the sot of problems you're implying here.

What's up with the d*** measurement contest? We are in the internet there is no way to know who has what. Besides you don’t know anything about me so don’t assume.
Well if you had combat experience you would definitely have said so, and you didn't ergo you don't. If you had work experience outside of college you also would have said so, since it would have strengthened your argument. Ergo either you are arguing in bad faith, or you don't have those sets of experiences.

Ha! Your simplistic world views don't surprise me at all, at least try to hide your hatred for academics geez. “All college kids are bad, they have it sooo easy bla bla bla It’s so unfair I don’t get the respect I deserve for training to invade other countries and kill their people in their own land”
I don't hate academics. I just know that the stakes when you're in college are lower than they are out of college. And I wasn't comparing college to military life (where the stakes are so much higher it's unfathomable), I was comparing college to work. Which is much harder. For example, let's say that you're feeling crappy, and decide that you aren't going to go to a class, the worst case is that you'll fail that class, and that isn't always true. If you decide to stop going to work, you'll get fired, with a quickness, if you don't have a good excuse you will almost DEFINITELY get fired. It's higher stakes.

Frankly, college shouldn't be high stakes, that kind of stress makes it very difficult to learn things at the rate that you need to learn them in college. And most kids who are going to college don't have the life experience to handle real stress yet, and won't for several more years, so college works as a kind of low stress buffer that's supposed to teach kids to make adult decisions. Now whether or not it works.