View Single Post

Thread: Would be willing to be forever young?

1. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Would be willing to be forever young?

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    My argument was that people generally become wise as a result of experiences rather than simply age. And that those experiences could still happen to somebody who was physically younger. You argued that "early maturation was bad" and that implies all cases. You didn't say "early maturation is often bad" or "early maturation can be bad" you flat out said it was.

And you also said that people exposed early maturity developed deep psychological issues. You didn't say "They often develop psychological issues" or "that can lead to psychological issues" because you didn't add those qualifiers that means that you are talking about all cases. If you have communicated that incorrectly then we shouldn't have as much to argue about, but I think you weren't expecting to have to back up your opinions with facts, or to encounter somebody with experiences in those areas.

True, but you haven't been to war, and you haven't had work experience outside of college. Let's be honest here. I'm not saying that you're a worse person for that. I'm saying that you are less qualified to comment on a particular set of experiences that you haven't had as compared to somebody who has had those particular set of experiences.

My privilege? I mean the students who haven't had to go to war would be the privileged ones, no? Also, I have been to school, same as all the other college students. So I have had that experience, I had friends who were regular college students, and they had a lot less ability to handle stressful situations and a lot less ability to cope. It's not because they were worse people. It's because dealing with stress is a learned skill, they hadn't yet learned.

I don't think that a college student is less than a working person, or a soldier. But I do think that there are areas in which they are relatively inexperienced.
    I'm on my phone so don't expect anything fancy.

But it is bad! Forcing a teen or a kid to act like an adult is dishuman and has mental and emotional consequences. That's why we have laws againts this sort of things y'know.

They do!

Have you been to war? Care to tell me which one? Because I'm also a teacher giving class in a dangerous sector of the most dangerous city in a third world country with war zone death rates.

So you've been to war. I have been born, raised and live in war. Daily and costantly. Some days I wake up to the sound of gunfire, rather then the singing birds you most likely asume.

Yes, your privilage. If you have been to class and failing a test was "no big deal" you have a huge priviliged ass and don't even know it.

To some "college kids" failure in a test means they lose scholarship which means they can't aford college which is their only way of giving their families a better life and a better house so they don't have to step on their own literal feces everytime they leave their house and they won't lose any more siblings because they can't aford f**** basic sanitation!

So yeah I would say your college experince was a little bit priviliged.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-10 at 09:09 PM.