Quote Originally Posted by DMVerdandi View Post
The character is pretty physically imposing. Maybe skinny as a rail, but not lithe and graceful. The kind of clumsy kind of skinny. However, this person can take a hit like a champ. The kind of person who gets back up again out of just dumb stubbornness. Oddly never gets sick either. The whole village could come down with the plague, and this one would catch a 24-hour cold from it.

Even though this person is really very simple, and not really all that endearing either, there is a quiet kind of understanding in them. They might not know a lot, but they see a lot. hear a lot. Maybe having all that book learning really kind of makes a background noise that stops you from paying attention to the important things. The subtle change in the wind, when a predator comes along. The way someone's eye twitches when they tell a lie, or how to forage for food when it's all gone.

This person ain't tied down to any one place or any one person either. Everyone brags about how much gold they have, or where they live, or how many friends they have. Unimportant. Are you FREE? Can you really take in and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL world in all its...splendor? Yeah, that's the word for it. This person doesn't know that many huge words, but that's one that they heard from the temple leader one day when he was preachin about how great Desna is. And that splendor is something to appreciate, and something to fight for, and even the scrawniest, goofiest, weakest kid in the village can realize that it's worth it. It's the only thing that is... To live for that experience, that ragamuffin can really show some real grit and stickumtoitness .

That would be my take
I read this, and really got an amazing picture of this character in my head. Very well written :)