[City Hall]

"I don't want to sound like a knob, but you guys should probably theorize later!"
Adir says, swinging his body around to face the threat and spreading his legs in a fighting stance. He had been content listening to the women up until that point, but it looked like the enemy was upon them, which meant it was time for him to go to work.

"Get behind something!"
Adir shouts at Harley/Martinez before he shoulders that bulky gun he's carrying, sights the hounds, and pulls the trigger. He aims for a wide, even spread, guiding the weapon back and forth across the oncoming group like a lead hose. There is thunder, without a doubt, and the trademark clang-thud of the bolter as it begins to fire...

[The Toy Tinker - Before the Invasion]

"Oh, splendid. You are a godsend, my friend. Cracking magical security is exactly the service I require. Among other things. You're familiar with the concept of 'delving' into a dangerous underground recess or redoubt at the behest of a wealthy employer?
" He goes back behind his desk and starts fiddling around. "I'm prepared to pay you a substantial weight of silver to penetrate a wizard's vault hidden beneath this city. There is a substantial chance of danger, but I am quite certain its creator was not cruel or of a murderous mind when he designed the defenses that are currently in place."