Agency, Lucero and Refugees [0]
Spoiler
Show
There's a first small huddle of curious refugees, but they stand well back when the Agency brings in the suits.

The Phoenix

The Goddess [Sec 7]
Spoiler
Show

"Oh, charming. I haven't been invited to anything social in centuries. I'll be there."
She looks thoughtful.
"Do you think this calls for a human body, or a more divine one?"

The Claret Coven [Sec 4]
Spoiler
Show
"Dear Phoenix

We'd be delighted. We have a new chef who's able to shadowstep and have been dying to see what he can do.
How about next Saturday?

Yours sincerely,
Martha Rhoades, Treasurer

Radiant Network
AXIS [Sec 15]
Spoiler
Show

You have to understand that we generate enormous amounts of data and correspondingly large amounts of data files. Perhaps you would like to specify what kind of thing you are interested in? I am sure an exchange can be arranged.

Horsemen Technologies
Armitage and Ward [Sec 5]
Spoiler
Show

Dear Ms. Ashcroft,

That's quite a list you have there. You have to understand that our library is quite specific and mostly deals in ancient manuscripts. We can't really tell you more about more recent events or institutions. However, I can certainly research Argos, Cog Crawler, Genius, Mirrormask or Xuan De.

We offer two basic services. Basic library research is charged by the hour. I can do this personally for [1 cash] per subject. No results guaranteed.
Alternatively, there is the more... special research. [3 cash] or [3 essence], but you'll certainly be told something you can't find elsewhere.

As regards the Amulet, we would not have considered it immediately worrying , were it not for unusual circumstances. It is a relatively late period piece from the 500s BCE, made of Faience (tin-glazed pottery), with small gems for eyes. It would not even be all that valuable, if it wasn't taken from a relatively undisturbed grave.
However, it depicts the Jackal God Anubis. Given the name the thief has chosen for himself, there are some uncomfortable implications.

Sincerely Yours,
Henry Armitage (Prof. em.)

Clan Pitstalker [Sec 1]
Spoiler
Show
The reply is written in large and shaky letters, as if by a child, on a piece of torn paper.

"You can not see the secrets. They can not be sold. They are already inside your head, but you are unwilling to look."

Genius [Sec 5]
Spoiler
Show
"Your apprentice credentials are accepted.
In the case of a majority of the Mirror Convocation being out of action, emergency shutdown is to be performed on all the Tower's Enchantments. All security systems are to be put on high alert in lethal mode. Dead-man switch is activated."

Internal Research
Spoiler
Show

There's a few news reports online, none that tell anything big about the Jackal that isn't already known. There's pictures of the calling card. There's a few conspiracy webpages blaming the Agency, Spirits, Insurance fraud and in one case, time travellers. Overall, not very much that's useful.

Rat Face [Sec 3]
Spoiler
Show
Oh, we can always talk. Ratface always knows things. Knows where Xuan De is. Knows who's in the Coven and what they can do. Certainly knows about the damned Explorer. Knows nice little smuggler's trick for Argos.

What are you buying?

Barrett INvestigations [Sec 2]
Spoiler
Show
That depends entirely on what you want me to do, Lady. [1 cash for a stakeout]. Two or three times that for something unpleasant or involved.

Shadow Chronicle [Sec 0]
Spoiler
Show
Capital Idea, Ms. Ashcroft. Most of us were busy around the Abyss or trying to find the Archmages, but a watch on the gates sounds great. We'll do it.

Lucero
The Goddess [Sec 7]
Spoiler
Show
She sighs theatrically.
"Dear Lucero. Do I look like I have power to spare at the moment? Do the stars dance in my eyes, as they used to? Do the mountains tremble as I speak? I am old and forgotten.

I can offer some, of course, but not for free. What in exchange?"

The Goblin Clans [Sec 2]
Spoiler
Show

"Hehe. Discreet, he says", grins the big goblin.
The small goblin interrupts him.
"You just tells us what you need splattered, boss, and it'll be good as gone."