Quote Originally Posted by Sivarias View Post
I know you're right, I just also know I can drop to 1200 calories for a month and drop twenty lbs. (I've done it before). Then bump back up to normal once I'm passed the "disgusting" zone.

It's part of the compulsive behaviors issue. I want the quick fix reward to absolve my guilt and encourage me forward. If I do this slow and steady I know I'm going to be discouraged until I'm below 258 which would mark my "should have" progress.

It's just SO SO tempting. I'll be maybe sort of hungry (depression spikes the **** out of my appetite). Right now I just need to pre-cook my meals, and workout. Get to the gym today. Go for a walk tomorrow. Etc.
Well as somebody who has done a lot of research on hormone stuff, I can tell you that starvation drops your testosterone levels into the garbage. You'll lose a lot more doing that, if you aren't super careful with it. And also the vast majority of what you loose on a super quick cut like that is water weight, so it's kind of pointless.

Here's what I would recommend, take a break from the scale for a bit, focus on other measures of improvement (like gym capacity and what-not) keep your diet consistent and then weigh yourself after you're going to be closer to where you want to be. That way the temptation isn't there.