Hey everyone,

I have been looking at lots of threads regarding Dex dual wielding paladins and I was hoping for some targeted advice.

I play a lightfoot halfling fighter 1/Pally of the ancients 3. Background: Urban Bounty hunter.
Str 13
Dex 16
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 16
Fighting styles: Two-weapon (Fighter), Defense (Pally)
Saves: Str and Con
Skills: Acrobatics, Perception, Persuasion, and Stealth
Party is: Me (fighter 1 dip/pally of ancients 3+), Pally vengeance 3 dip/warlock 1+, Druid 4 Circle of moon, Rogue 4 Assassin, Bard 4 .

I started out with a short sword and a scimitar, and have a shield for when I need to be defensive. I had it all planned out to skip the subpar dual-wielder feat at Pally 4 and go with something else, but then the GM dropped the intelligent item Wave on us. Since I was only one of two martials in the party with the proficiency to use it, I am now using it and not dual-wielding. :/ But it's soooo cool! Should I take the dual-wielder feat at lvl 4 so I can wield Wave AND something else (like a future magical weapon) OR should I take the +2 dex bump OR bump my STR up to 14 and put the other +1 elsewhere OR take another feat? Since Wave does a crazy insane hit on a crit (half total hp necrotic), perhaps I should work towards something to improve the crit range.

Also, I am going to get to lvl 5 pally asap to get the extra attack, but then I'm considering another lvl in fighter, or a dipinto something else (rogue, warlock, sorcerer, bard?). Pally will be my primary, but I don't mind a dip or two. I tend to favor utility over straight up murder-hobo, but I do want to be as effective as I can and not a hindrance to the party. I work well with the rogue assassin in the group.

I'm not looking to change anything I have already picked. Any suggestions moving forward, or cool ideas?

Thanks in advance!