Quote Originally Posted by LordCdrMilitant View Post
The party had actually spent some of it's Req on close air support from a squadron of Thunderbolt Heavy Fighters, which helped them out in that fight. Really, those fighters were the heroes of the day.

Spoiler: Examples of some of my larger encounters
Show

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit, 12 Breachers, 3 Stealth Suits, 1 Suit Commander w/ Markerdrones, 3 Crisis Suits w/ Markerdrones

2x Hammerhead Tank, 2x Great Knarloc, 24x Fire Warrior Strike Team, 18x Crisis Suits, 9x Broadsides, 6x Stealth Suits, 48x Tactical Drones

120x Genestealers, 1x Broodlord

60x Boyz, 1x Battlewagon, 10x Nobz, 1x Big Mek, 1x Warboss

1x Chaos Sorcerer, 1x Chaos Lord, 250x Cultists, 340x Chaos Astartes, 34x Chaos Rhino, 1x Chaos Predator, 25x Havocs, 27x Cultist Heavy Weapons Teams, 4x Soul Grinder, 2x Bloodthirster, 1x Keeper of Secrets, 15x Rubrics, 30x Bezerkers, 10x Noise Marines, 25x Plague Marines.

An upcoming fight I'm planning for my DW party will involve a Heirophant Bio Titan. However, there's also going to be a Shadowsword hanging around that the party will probably need to rescue so it can help them kill the titan.
*googly eyes intensify*

wouldn't it just be simpler playing a kill-team game with those kinds of victim numbers?! i'm not shy of going up against hordes (hell, i've a tattoo planned of my old guard regiment against their favorite punching bags the tyranids), but even for hardened space marines, that seems like a bit much. must've been very memorable, if gruelling, battles.