1. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

Default Re: An Enemy Spy Reads The Wheel of Time III: Something's Fishy in the White Tower

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Jordan has in 10 books not managed to beat the diversity or growth presented in the first 3 Stormlight books. But i can hear its not possible to discuss this with you, since you have not actually read any noteworthy Sanderson books. It would be like discussion WoT with someone that has only read the Eye of the World.
    I mean, I read the Mistborn trilogy, Warbreaker, Elantris, and all of his WoT books before I decided he wasn't a very good writer. That's 8 books. It's not like I didn't give him a fair shake. Should I just keep buying his books forever on the chance they improve one day?

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

As for the 3 main characters, then i am going to tell you with an absolute straight face that there isnt a bigger difference than then one found between them in say book 1 and 7. Sanderson actually saved Perrin, made him likeable again.
    While Mat honestly remained Mat in my eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    He saved Perrin by completely changing his character. He turned Rand into some sort of Jesus analogue where we barely ever see inside his head because we're too busy learning about Androl, and he turned Mat from a rogue into a clown.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2018-02-25 at 10:06 AM.