View Single Post

Thread: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

1. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

As things begin to quite down at the ransacked carriage the wind suddenly turns frigid. Within an instant the sky is suddenly howling as if a storm suddenly occured. The few remaining leaves of autumn on the wintry cold ground are blown away from the road in front of you. A light arises from the ground on the road towards Senckried in front of you. Suddenly it flashes a blinding blue and from that light emerges a hazy indistinct silhouette. You can tell that it is humanoid, but its features are blurry as if you were seeing it through a heavy fog. The figure appears to glow an ethereal blue, not unlike the fungus on the wolves. There is no visible mouth to it but the aparrition speaks regardless, as if it were being transmitted from all ends by the very wind itself.

"Behold the fate of those who walk into Senckried. These lands are not what they once where. Beyond this gate lies only horror. And the few who elude death shall descend into madness. I know of your adventuring type, I know that you do not fear death. But I will give you one last warning. If you survive this prison, then you will forever be twisted beyond recognition. Once you let Senckried into your soul, it will never leave. Turn back now, before it is too late for you like all the others." You can hear the bushes on the sides of the road rustle, but you cannot see them. "Turn back now, if you still value your heart and soul." A mad howling of hounds now joins the howling wind. "Turn back, or else you too shall die on this forsaken road!"
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-02-26 at 04:52 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!