Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
Standing just outside the home, each of you makes the observation that there appear to be a strange set of tracks -- not footprints, exactly, but something else -- leading away from the home to the northeast.

As you enter the home, you see that the home has clearly had some sort of intrusion. Simple wooden furniture is in disarray throughout. Tables and chairs are knocked over and pushed aside, though none appear willfully broken. Articles of clothing and household items are scattered across the floor as if they were examined briefly and discarded. A large pallet bed is visible in a separate room through an open interior door. A third room with no windows is next to the bedroom but is completely empty. The group sets to searching the rooms, making quick and efficient work of the surroundings. Among the valuables in the main living space is a beautiful gold ring, inscribed on the inside with the words "My dearest Livvy", left unattended on a windowsill in plain sight.

The anteroom next to the bedroom proves to be truly completely empty, but there appear to be a few large circular areas on the ground, each roughly 2-3 feet in diameter, where virtually no dust has collected.

In the bedroom, there is a small iron chest placed under the bed frame; it is quite locked, and no key is readily evident.
"My dearest Livvy", Rovena reads, picking up the ring. "I'm afraid that's not the kind of thing one just forgets, no matter how hastily one has to leave... But we can at least try to determine who owmed that ring... and, quite likely, the house. There couldn't be many people named Livvy in such a small town... Tirsen, if you would? Meanwhile... seems something was standing here, something round, and rather recently - well, either that, ot these areas are enchanted against dust, which I honestly doubt." She quickly checks nonetheless - for enchantments, that is.
"And this chest... you won't be familiar with locks like these, by any chance?"