@ qawwali: Thank you, and I'm glad you've found some use for the guide.
Shepherd's totem spirits will go well you with melee friends, though the shepherd propensity for conjured minions might not. If you fight in small spaces, there may not be enough space for everyone to fight. You can help this with summons like velociraptors (which are Tiny and can move through Medium and larger enemies) or blink dogs (who can blink past enemies and attack from their rear). So it won't have to be a problem you can't cope with, as long as you plan for it.
Charisma is certainly a candidate for your dreaded 6. I'd hate to play an int 6 druid (another low priority stat). As mentioned above, str 6 is another option. I'd fluff that as an old and weakened druid walking with a stick. But if I was playing a wood elf (with their 35' movement and high dex), I'd prefer someone more able-bodied, and put the 6 in charisma. It fits a reclusive elf who prefers the company of animals over people. One though in that vein is whether anyone in the party has a decent charisma? It seems likely nobody does, but as long as you aren't expected to be the face of the group (or want to), there's nothing lost on that account with you dumping charisma.
As for the ASI, it makes sense. You can't really go wrong with upping your casting stat. That said, Shepherds probably cast slightly fewer spells that require a saving throw, as their abilities boost conjuring over debuffs and control. So with that in mind, Warcaster and Resilient (Constitution) gain a slight edge in comparison. So that's something for your consideration.