...Erm, fourteen threads and so much talking about mods makes me a bit overwhelmed.

Seeing the chance, I decided to take a ride playing Skyrim on the Switch (my computer can't handle many games currently, so I'm not using it for games ATM). Do consider that I also got Zelda BotW the same day, and got DOOM later on. I still steer towards Skyrim, just because it's so much fun.

Playing as William, a Breton specializing in One-Handed, Blocking, Heavy Armor and Restoration, plus a bit of Alteration and delving into the godskills (Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy). Haven't done the main quest in a while, mostly because I feel the need to complete many of the subquests. I also have a hoarding problem - far too many times I end up overloaded, and not just because of the Dragonbone/Dragonscale items, but because of all the stuff I carry (Potions, Ingredients, five different weapons, about 15 pieces of jewelry so I can enchant them, etc.) So good that the houses exist: Lakeview Manor is my homespot, but I also got Breezehome, Proudspire Manor (where wife and kids live), Heljarchen Hall and Honey...erm...that house in Riften. So far, I got to Harbinger (remained as werewolf)/Arch-Mage, only need a few thanedoms, got the Black Star, Masque of Clavicus Vile and Dawnbreaker, have done two back-stabs to people (the Forsworn king and the cultist of Namira; the first because he killed the guy on the shrine of Talos and the second because...I'm not gonna kill the religious guy to have a feast!), haven't done the Thieves' Guild quests (ambivalent towards it) and might not do the Dark Brotherhood quests. I thank Whirlwind Sprint for existing (I haven't used Unrelenting Force in like...ever, but Whirlwind Sprint is a must-have for when I'm overloaded before I had the horse, and THEN I still use it to get to the horse ASAP). And I hated Mzulft because I got overloaded almost at the beginning, went in alone, and had the Slow Time glitch happening at me several times (aka, when time slows to stop an enemy Power Attack using the Block perk, but it doesn't return, so you're in a permanent Slow Time effect). And I hate when they kill my horse. It's annoying.

But still, I feel like I've enjoyed it quite a lot - perhaps a bit TOO much. I rarely feel like I'm doing meaningful choices and actual roleplaying in similar games (*coughcoughDragonAgeOriginscoughcough*), but here, there's a load more freedom. Plus it feels fun to have a hero that, before it even reaches mid-game, it already feels like a walking demigod, and still can get its bum handed to him by a mob, or a giant pulling off a Honeymooners, or an Elder Dragon who happens to cross by while I'm mounted on a horse and overloaded! Thank goodness I haven't gone for the hardest difficulty (...yet!).