Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
...Erm, fourteen threads and so much talking about mods makes me a bit overwhelmed.

Seeing the chance, I decided to take a ride playing Skyrim on the Switch (my computer can't handle many games currently, so I'm not using it for games ATM). Do consider that I also got Zelda BotW the same day, and got DOOM later on. I still steer towards Skyrim, just because it's so much fun.
*snip*
But still, I feel like I've enjoyed it quite a lot - perhaps a bit TOO much. I rarely feel like I'm doing meaningful choices and actual roleplaying in similar games (*coughcoughDragonAgeOriginscoughcough*), but here, there's a load more freedom. Plus it feels fun to have a hero that, before it even reaches mid-game, it already feels like a walking demigod, and still can get its bum handed to him by a mob, or a giant pulling off a Honeymooners, or an Elder Dragon who happens to cross by while I'm mounted on a horse and overloaded! Thank goodness I haven't gone for the hardest difficulty (...yet!).

Good to see someone enjoying Skyrim, no matter the platform! The sword-and-board paladin is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
Honestly, fighting a dragon from horseback is an experience everyone should have. It feels truly epic.
And now I'm shuddering at imagining trying to fight both the dragon, the camera, and the wonky horse controls, all without being thrown from your horse or getting your horse killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
Balmas, got a link to your Artificer Mod?
It's actually only on the Special Edition nexus right now, but it could be backported to Legendary Edition with no major difficulties.

I really like this mod. It's not by Enaisiaion like I thought it was, but it embraces the same mindset of letting you build a character on your own, without needing to worship at the triple shrines of the crafting skills. It overhauls most of the unique items in the game and makes them actually worth using. F'r'example:
-Remember the Diadem of the Savant? In vanilla, it gives something like 5% reduction to all spell costs from all schools; the mod changes it to 15% for all schools. It does the same for the Saarthal Amulet. Slap on the Archmage's robes, and you're looking at halved costs for all schools of magic.
-The Gauldur Amulet in vanilla is kind of underwhelming. Fortify all three attributes by thirty points--woohoo. Artificer makes it an amulet that could really be feared, and be worth seeking out after the ancients split it up. You're talking 100 extra magic and armor, 50 extra health and stamina, fortified regeneration for all of them, 15% lower casting cost for all spells of magic, and 30% magic resistance to boot. Now that's something worth trekking all over Skyrim for.
-Dragon Priest masks are themed, with armor types to match. Volsung, for instance, is all about the hoarders in the audience, with increased movement speed, carry weight, and barter skill. Rahgot is heavy armor, fortifies stamina, gives you stamina regen, and gives a hefty bonus to two handed damage. Krosis is all about being a better sneak archer.

Really, it's just a fantastic little mod, and I'd love if Bethesda made ESVI include items more like this.