Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
*Shrugs*

You know, this lunch break, I headed over to the public transit station that has rather good bistro. Met up with some folks doing facility service, an investment banker, chemical scientist, two bureaucrats and a homeless person, practically had the same lunch (with bread or french fries) and a beer. We shared some laughs, had a good talk, shared some real experience and it didn't matter on which side of the economical or political fronts you were on.

"Just" being a human amongst humans can be a very comforting thing.
Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
@WarKitty/2D8HP:

Living in a country where the Solidarity Pact provides a functioning social welfare system, I find what the two of you're writing to be absolutely terrifying. I mean, whatever happens, I can be sure that my rent, utilities bills and basic cost of living are always covered, no matter what,
(*) There´s no fixed number of "sick days". You're sick, you're sick, that's it. You're sick for an extended period, the national health serve will take over your payment.[...]

@Florian, If enough to pay rent is guaranteed there, why is someone homeless?

@WarKitty, multiple times you've posted about your frustration with how ineffective therapy has been for you, since the reasons for your unhappiness are because of actual reality, not an internal mental state, why did you expect it to help?

Were you hoping to be hypnotized into pleasant hallucinations like Sam in Terry Gilliam's Brazil?

To reverse Shakespeare, the fault dear WarKitty is in your Stars (fate) not in yourself (perception of reality).

Therapy doesn't fix environment.

When you've been told "You should go to therapy", that means "I can't help you, and don't want to listen", and you know this, you're far too articulate and educated to not know that brightsiding "reframing" self delusion only goes so far.

The "Just choose to be happy" advocates are delusional or frauds, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

You need to either move to someplace with decent healthcare and opportunities (maybe Massachusetts?) or organize with enough other people to make where you are more decent (it has been done, but don't hold your breath).

Your environment is your problem, not your "attitude", except for believing in the liars and/or simpletons who tell you otherwise.

It's your circumstances that need to change, work on that, not "attitude".

That said, being a good actor and liar is rewarded so you should practice smiling, nodding, and pretending to agree when your told untruths, unless you're trying to do good for people other than yourself, in which case honesty is often more effective.

For more immediate happiness spend more time talking to people face to face who are not customers, bosses, family or medical workers.