No woes here, just seeking a bit of advice. The academic quarter is winding down at my college, and I've been thinking of getting some of the folks I've gotten to know in my various classes together to hang out and celebrate finals and the quarter being over. I've never really done this kind of thing before (it's only in the past few months to a year that I've really started 'coming out of my shell' and becoming social), but I thought it would be a great way to bring some people together, people who might not otherwise have met, consolidate friendships, and just generally have a good time now that finals are over with. My initial thought was maybe going out to a restaurant-- going to the beach town or something seemed fun, but it might be more of a drive than people are willing to make, and anyway, not everybody likes the beach. On the other hand, I don't know if people want to spend money at a restaurant, or if it's tenable for more than a few people.

On the third hand, I don't know if college students are even interested in hanging out and meeting people after finals are over when they can instead spend the week before the next quarter starts enjoying being lazy and sleeping in instead.

Any advice, pointers, thoughts on how to make this idea as fun and appealing as possible for people?