View Single Post

Thread: Jessica Jones season 2

1. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Jessica Jones season 2

I'm not done with the season yet, but probably about 2/3 through.

Spoiler: Kilgrave or lack thereof
    Show

Okay. I originally wrote:
    "From what I had heard of it, I somehow got the impression that Kilgrave would be in it in the sense of showing up as a voice in Jessica's head. Sorta a tormenting monologue, to represent her self-loathing or self-doubt, something like that.
    I think the season so far is pretty good, and such probably would have hurt it, but I admit I am sad not to hear a charming, sociopathic Englishman."

But then I foolishly opened the spoiler someone had posted and saw he does show up like that at some point (unless I misread), so I'm spoilering this instead.

One question I had, not about the show itself, but it's writer/director set-up. I started looking at the names of the writer/director for the episode, and it appears to be different people for most (every?) episode. Like, Mary Watson is the director for one episode, and Susan Smith for the next one. Similar thing with writers. (I haven't really checked in detail, but just noting differences over 3-4 episodes.)
    Is it common for directors/writers to change in the same season? It seems like that would be disruptive. I can see a lot of writers for a comedy sit-com, but it seems like it'd hurt the narrative for a more dramatic type of serial like the Marvel Netflix shows tend to be.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-03-13 at 09:40 AM. Reason: moved some text to spoiler