Kushiro Inn
Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
"I am sorry, I arrived early today with no memory, so please, forgive me if it is rude, but... Are you human?" Makuro counts herself as human, and genetic testing would prove she's human, despite her very exotic appearance.
The clerk looks back at Makuro. "Newbies, huh? Well, at least you said human, and not demon. I guess technically, yeah. Both my parents are human. But some demon or another thought it'd be hilarious if they mutated me. Or something like that, I don't know how genes work." He turns around to place a key on the counter. "You want room 224, second floor. Just follow the signs."

KABAL Territory
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
[KABAL territory]

As she runs down the street, she can see a goblin in a tux coming around a corner with a tommy gun that he starts firing like crazy at while yelling/laughing loudly. "AHHHHHHAHA!!!"
She can see more KABAL goons, but even they seem to be staying away from the goblin.
"Fragging perfect." Cassidy dives for the nearest bit of cover once more. That trick with balancing on the riot shield took a lot of magic, and Cassidy doesn't have nearly as much as a more proper mage. Maybe she'd get lucky and these punks would end up killing each other and make her retreat all the easier.