The Flower Knight's Tale

"Into the water Antony goes. He struggles out but the water's up to his neck and I'm closing in on him. He's panicking and wading further and further into the dark waters of the lake. I keep a steady pace following him. No quickness or trickery when you're up to your neck in water. Raw strength and stamina is all that matters at that point, so I just start wading him down.

"Then he goes below the water.

"I kicked myself and doubled my speed. Was there a crocodile in this swamp? Why hadn't I accounted for that? I didn't want to lose the Master's property to some dumb reptile. I heard splashing and shouting and pushed through the reeds just in time to see Antony being dragged by the feet over the stack of cards and roses into the archway formed by the tree. Just before he's dragged through he looks me in the eyes and asks me for help.

"Then he went through. And the hunt was over. He was gone. I was free. I only stopped to pick up one of the greeting cards on my way out. It was damp and rotten but I could still make out the signature - Love, Jack."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
See, now we know we need a wizard. Actually, let me ask a general question here. How do Changelings figure out glamoured stuff? I mean, like, is there a cabal floating around that charges a fee for this? Will word get out? What's the price for this sort of thing, or is this a bespoke job at the goblin market?

"Huh. I'll, uh, look into this. Mind if I keep the card? I mean, it might end up back with you, but I'm gonna try and hold onto it and get somebody to look at it. It's definitely magic, like for sure."

Aelas walks to the kitchen with her Peter Rabbit mug and rinses it with a little water in the sink. Runs a hand wistfully along the handle before putting it in the nearby wrack to dry. "This was fun, Abs. I'm sorry you got freaked out earlier, just let me know if those guys come back. Better yet, text me a photo if you see them again, maybe I can do something about it."

Okay, let me tell you about priorities. Aelas has three, and they're competing. One: go see Lily like the Pilgrim said. That was probably at that big town hall meeting that was supposed to be happening. Two: go to a party and have fun! (also glamour) Three: go to whoever it is that might help with this card thing so she can help Abbey out. So, what are those options looking like in this one-horse town?

[Also, scene spent with Touchstone, so healing the Clarity damage.]
The meeting is fairly easy to get to, Pilgrim's warnings notwithstanding. While you're fairly sure the Spring Court would react strongly to your personal life being invaded by magic - they're really strongly against that - the Queen would probably try to re-frame it into getting rid of your Fetch. Unlike the interaction Pilgrim recently had with her which was very telling rather than suggesting, she's been remarkably compassionate and patient with you on the topic. The Mantle makes it easy for her to like you, and very easy for you to like her, but she's deeply of the opinion that Fetches are all ticking time bombs.

Parties are frequent in Prosperpine - in the spring and summer. When the weather is warm and the tourists flood the town then the beach is full of holidaymakers and students on summer vacation. Right now, though, it's a few weeks into the school term and the next holiday is going to be Easter, by which point it'll be a freezing twenty one degrees Celsius. It's the worst time of year to go looking for celebrations.

Your third question is most easily answered at the Goblin Market. Changelings might know and might help but they also might not - or get tangled in with their own opinions or passions or damage. Each court has learned individuals but there's no way to know if they're professionals or frauds. The Market is your sole sane service provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
The Pilgrim does not have words for the tanglebrush inside of him. If you could hear them, they would sound something like this.

The Pilgrim holds the collection plate, dutiful, ever able to serve when called upon. He does not speak. But that is what we have come to expect from him, so this is hardly noteworthy at all.
Though the courtiers of Autumn that you stand among appear a clustered monolith, unified and unbreakable and cooly dispassionate, here in the centre you can feel their fear flow like waves. Each of them is tracing a similar tense internal monologue to you; each of them is a bundle of nerves and tension, wondering just how far they'd go if truly pushed. The fear rolls and crests like a silent symphony, and you are a voice in that choir.

Good news and bad news, then. The bad news is that this is close enough to a vivid flashback that it's going to force a clarity roll - a base of two dice, plus another two due to the feedback loop of strong emotions for a total of four. You're only up for one point of temporary clarity damage.

Quote Originally Posted by stveje View Post
Jack does take a moment to look around at the gathered Winter court. Although he's not looking for a debate, he does want to gauge his court's mood on the topic.
Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
Lily's eyes widened more than ever at the mention of human sacrifice. Her heart, that had barely had a chance to settle down, raced once more in her chest. For once she looked up and sought to find Jack's eyes with her own, she didn't hide her worry and as if her feelings on the matter were not already written plainly on her face she shook her head slightly.

Don't. Don't.
The majority of the Winter court looks some combination of afraid or disgusted. The only real outlier is Bigby Moon who gives you a big grin with glittering teeth and a corresponding thumbs up.

You get the distinctive vibe that the motion is as much threat as opinion. He's a large man and accustomed to violence.