Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
Does Pymary not work on Senet beasts? I know it doesn't work on First Materials which I guess Senet beasts are made out of (if Uaid is any indication) but Duane was able to ignite the Wandering Root perfectly well using Pymary. Maybe it's that First Materials and therefore Senet beasts can't have their aspects interfered with using Pymary, but are otherwise subject to its effects? But it's true, Duane would have noticed that from trying to cast on Sette.
I think First Materials cannot be directly affected by pymary. This magic uses aspects to directly influence materials, like adding heat or removing solidity. That can't be done to First Materials, but it can be influenced by its effects.
I speculate that Sette is a model for the works of the khert. The senet beasts we saw so far are made of first material, later "models" like humans and animals are subject to the khert. That is a pretty massive change, and so far we saw for pretty much everything some kind of model; for basic movement, for mountains, for metamorphosis, for gender dimorphism, for sexuality. Sette is subject to khert, and Duane confirmed she scans as human a few chapter ago. But she doesn't age; Anadyne says she didn't age in 3 years so she is not subject to decay like regular humans.