I'll tolerate Highway if I enjoy the company, and the DM makes it fun. My paladin game I talk about often is Highway. The railroad tracks are obvious, but we get to make meaningful choices in the journey. Recently the DM has been good at letting party decisions affect, alter, or abolish planned encounters because our choices changed the circumstances. We can change to a parallel track.

My cleric game, which ended and will become my hexblade game, is Big City in set-up Open Road in play. The DM lets the players choose the adventure. For example, he had the players vote on which of the 5E modules to play instead of him deciding. Storm King's Thunder won out. When in module mode the inherent railroad makes it Open Road, which is ok. Player choices matter, and he'll go off script. It was with this DM where we made a deal with the goblins in Lost Mine Of Phandelver so we didn't have to fight them at all after the ambush and two joined our party as NPCs. One eventually became a PC. He'll be my hexblade's Boss in the new campaign.

My Pathfinder game is Open Road. We have our freedom and choices, but I notice here and there the DM going "You Shall Not Pass", preventing it from being Big City.

I'm not sure I'd like National Park. It sounds as if the DM will make everything up as it happens. The DM has to do that sometimes when players do the unexpected, but as the whole point of the campaign the players and/or DM can get bored fast due to lack of story.