Quote Originally Posted by Beechgnome View Post
Updating with latest 4 monsters. I totally must have slept through Easter Monday because I missed the last mayhem battle entirely. It didn't even occur to me it would be on.
Same. I learned of it when it appeared in my Youtube recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
I'm really beginning to think they're cheating to make the one most likely to win lose.
Even if they aren't, there is definitely too much mayhem in Mordenkainen's Mayhem. The matron mother manages to banish the nightwalker, only temporarily as the fight is taking place on the Shadowfell, and an angel randomly takes its place while it is away. Just why? It is not to keep the fight going, as the allip is still here. It is not to showcase a new type of angel, as it is a planetar.

I am also disappointed that they went with "Underdark versus Undead". That's not thematic. It is barely a pun.

Will you be making more threads to analyse the fights, or does it feel pointless now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
Wait wait wait Nightwalker? Damn straight. I was hoping for the Nightshades to get in. Also nice to see the Allip, I guess.
Quote Originally Posted by the_brazenburn View Post
We get Nightwalkers? Excellent!

Do you think we'll get the other Nightshades, then? Nightwalker was actually weaker than some of the others.
I don't really know nightshades, so all I can say is that the art for the nightwalker is really good.

And the allip is like an even more tortured ghost than the specter? Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_brazenburn View Post
And I guess an even higher-powered drow is nice as well. Though "matron mother" is one of the wussiest possible names they could have given it. I know it makes sense with the matriarchal drow theme, but I can't hear the word "matrom mother" without thinking of a dumpy, middle-aged, pregnant drow with one of those idiotic 1800s bonnets.

I think I've got a problem (like I didn't already know that).
I am not a native English speaker, but the first thing I thought of when I read "matron" was the French word "maton", which is slang for jailer. Wiktionary tells me that it matches one of the meanings of matron.

So, it doesn't evoke such a kind figure to me.

The art is pretty pink, though.