The idea of Hilgya as a battered woman is at best an unfortunate implication.

I don't think it was the intent in the beginning, nor do I think there is much a case for reading Hilgya like that now, as everyone seems to admit. Looking at the relevant comic again there's some wording to avoid the implication: Hilgya described herself as hounded by "endless questions" (recall "do you want a foot message"). She could have described herself as "cruelly abused" or something else to stress her feeling battered but never described anything done to her worse than verbal pestering (and that is what is made light of).

As much as forced marriage is a historical and present wrong or that there are interesting historical and present criminal law implications of abused woman using murder as self-help against abusers. I can't really have a discussion about those things in this forum and Hilgya and her alignment is not the vehicles with which to have these conversations.

Hilgya within the OOTS universe is not a battered spouse. Her actions are done for her own, quite irrational, sense of revenge and satisfaction rather than any kind of self-defense. She is explicitly dedicated to fulfilling her own desires rather than anything else.

Her killing is not good or natural and its not chaotic either. Maybe there is an example of how a being of perfect chaos might kill people just as a perfectly random thing, but Hilgya's behavior here is not random,
its dedicated to a specific goal.