1. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: (D&D 5e) Interest Check; Base Class Contests for D&D 5e

Wow, this thread certainly got a lot of posts, it certainly seems like people are interested. I think I am going to go through with this contest. Now all we need is a ruleset, which I will start working on right now, and a theme. Here are some of the themes that have been mentioned so far. Why don't we all hold a vote on what we want the next theme to be? We can all pick the three of our most favored choices and rank them in order from most favored to least favored. If that theme is someone's first choice that theme gets three points, if that theme is someone's second choice it gets two points, and if it is their third choice it gets one point. The theme with the most points will be the one we are going with.

- Elemental based
    - Pet classes
    - Classes based around pacts
    - A class which represents a monster as a PC character
    - Non-casting classes which aren't martials either
    - Incarnum users

Here are my personal thoughts on each of the subjects and how I would rank them.

Spoiler: My votes
    Show

1st choice: Classes based around pacts
    2nd choice: Non-casting classes which aren't martials either
    3rd choice: A class which represents a monster as a PC character

The four elements system is over-used as enough as is, the pet class theme is focusing more on mechanics then roleplaying, and this whole incarnum business sounds terribly broken if applied to 5e.

Total Votes
    - Elemental based: 2 points
    - Pet classes: 0 points
    - Classes based around pacts: 6 points
    - A class which represents a monster as a PC character: 4 points
    - Non-casting classes which aren't martials either: 8 points
    - Incarnum users: 4 point

The contest begins on april 15th Eastern Standard Time
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-04-09 at 06:29 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!