Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
Thanks. I do feel a little silly about missing the 4 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) for Obtain Familiar though, especially as I could have spared the two skill points pretty easily. Ah well. Didn't end up mattering that much.

Also, Darrin asked why I didn't use Vashar instead of Human. It comes down to just not liking Vashar. I guess it might save you from effects that specify humans, but using Vashar because my human bonus feat happens to be Vile just feels like a cheap grab for originality to me. You also took a more permissive reading of Supernatural Instincts than I allowed myself (I mostly just threw it in there as a potential "screw you DM" for when they start trying to throw breath weapons and such at you to get around Arcane Resistance), but it does indeed have some potential for cheese. One exploit I'm fond of is a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold (or Old Half-Dragon, but let's be realistic) with Evasive Reflexes, Supernatural Instincts, Improved Combat Reflexes, and some means of carrying around their Blink Dog familiar. The Blink Dog flips Blink on and off as a series of free actions, and each time the Kobold gets to make a 5-ft step.

And speaking of cheese, daremeto, you are a national treasure (or whatever the analogue is for a D&D forum instead of a nation, "dragon's hoard" maybe?). Never change.
I swear that 4 ranks in K: Arcana for Obtain Familiar and 4 ranks in Spellcraft for Practiced Spellcaster have to be the most commonly missed prereqs among Iron Chef builds. You are very far from the first chef I've seen to mess up the prereqs on one of those two feats. Regardless, Miss Eri was an excellent build. Thrall of Orcus was an excellent replacement for the "standard" Paladin of Tyranny (3 levels for the Aura of Despair is a wee bit much in an E6 build). Does "D'zhar" mean/refer to/pun as anything in particular?