Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
for one thing, you can partially open the side visors to allow fresh air in, even a 1/4 inch.

I know about summers in Biloxi Mississippi as I have been stationed twice at Keesler AFB and in between for three years in the Mojave desert at George AFB.
I can indeed, and usually do that even with working AC. No sense roasting myself while the cooling kicks in. I don't understand garage people who use their space as storage instead of a place to put their car.

Anyway, got the car back after they had it for several days. Apparently, my car doesn't have a belt on the compressor, so they couldn't test it reliably, and it kept intermittently working and not working and they couldn't quite figure out why. Recommended I take it back to the dealer because they'd know how to deal with it. They said all that, but I get the car back and have yet to have an issue with it; it's working fine, and I'm comfortable. They didn't even charge me for the recharge and diagnostic testing, which I both love and feel kind of bad about, since so far they effectively fixed it. May not cool when the car is idling, but I don't sit around in it that much anyway, so I don't anticipate that causing any problems. I like those guys, gonna go with them if I have any future problems.

Also, my FIL was at Keesler AFB for a while! Wife still has a Keesler bank account we use as an emergency backup fund.