1. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIV: Good? Bad? I'm the one with the Thu'um!

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Altmer pure mage is almost too easy. Personally I enjoy playing against type. Nord Mage, Altmer Thief.
    It is Skyrim. I have recently cut down on my difficulty scale because it makes the game not more entertaining but tedious when a mere bandit has the resilience of a small mountain. It also somewhat ruins my immersion when I do scratch them in professional gear (heavy Imperial set) while a drunk corsair can chop me to pieces.

I try to play to a job (i.e. Vampire Hunter, or Thief, or Knight) and modify the 'job' with what the race would be skilled with. A Khajiit 'knight' would probably don Light Armor and try with equal fervor to block hits or not get hit at all. An Imperial Knight would train Restoration Magic while a Altmer would pacify people with Illusion and enchant their gear.

This way, my Khajiit Archmage is an illusion expert while my Breton archmage is more of a summoner. The Orc harbinger is a walking tank with Wuuthrad while the Nord harbinger is a dervish with two onehanded weapons. My Argonian assassin is a poison master while my Khajiit assassin loves his unarmed attacks.

Question: Is there a race you almost never - or at least seldomly - pick? Mine is Wood Elf. Even before I knew they are ritualistic cannibals I just found them incredibly dull. You could be a dark elf (without the incredible over-the-top matriarchal society and a god for-the-evulz), you could be a high elf that is an expert in all things magic. Or you know. You could be a savage, eating people because you are the actual anti-vegetarian.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-04-10 at 08:09 PM.