Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
Lessee... I've played an Altmer, a khajiit, a Breton three times, an orc twice, and most recently a Nord.

I don't think I'll ever play an Argonian, simply because their racial powers are boring to me. I mean, hooray, I can breathe underwater. That'd be brilliant, if only there were anything worthwhile to be found in a non-Morrowind game. And a once-a-day health potion isn't exactly fantastic.

For the same reason, I've never played as an Imperial. They just feel like the white-bread, vanilla option, whose racial powers amount to "You'll be even more stupid rich than your average stupid-rich Elder Scrolls Protagonist" and "calm spell."
I might suggest installing Imperious Races then. In there each race has their own regen rates for Stamina, Magicka and Health and Argonians regenerate additional stuff the lower it goes. It meshes well with their lore of being resilient types that just go on and on and on. Nords have weaponized racism in there (bonus damage to certain races at 10/20/30), Imperials can really pinpoint their focus. They can improve and decrease attributes/resistances/skills on 10/20/30 like the following: +50 to two attributes, -50 to one attribute (you can do +50 health, +50 stamina, -50 stamina to net you +50 health), +25% to two resistances and -25% to one (same principle) and finally on 30, +20 in three skills, -10 in three other (a racial bonus so no easier unlocks here). It is vanilla, yes, but highly customizable.

Spoiler
Show
Maybe your Imperial has grown up in Skyrim and endured countless winters and other threats. But the cold and poor nutrition has made his mind numb. He ignores cold and storms but fire has become an alien concept to him. And finally, he how knows why Nords prefer armor made from hide rather than cold metal (+light, -heavy), he hunts for food instead of bartering with locals (+archery - speech) and he is good at foraging for himself but never understood the art of smithing (+alchemy, -smithing).

On another note: I tried ESO on a free weekend for half an hour. It was boring but I feel that was no fair assessment. When do you get to pick your class and/or skills? How does the game do its f2p model? Is it EA/Bioware style that you have subscription PLUS cash shop? Is it Black Desert Online that you buy the game and the cash shop for visuals and almost required for PvE/PvP?