View Single Post

Thread: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

1. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vosnak View Post
    "Yes, Thorn does plan at a grand level, both in terms of time and breadth. I don't know what he is for sure. I would guess a vampire..."
    Ixe carefully considers this.

Ixe: "Hmm. Well, that would clarify his almost superhuman patience, his lack of emotion, and his allegiance to Hextor, as well as elucidating the nature of the slaves he commands. Now that I think on it, I cannot say that I have ever seen him about, during the day. Perhaps next time, I will --"

His words precipitously stick in his constricting throat, as he recalls the wine offered to them by the Cardinal, which he so naïvely gulped down.

"...there are other creatures who also share long lifespans ... take any of those, add illusion magic like our gifts from him, and he can hide what he truly is."
    Ixe: «grinning in a sly manner» "I see. And is that what you do, Vosnak?" His manner is direct, but his tone is not accusatory.

"What is it you seek in life? Something beyond creating chaos?"
    Ixe regards you curiously, tilting his head to one side. For some time, he remains silent, listening to the faint murmur of the water against the hull of the vessel as it bears you onward to the North.

Ixe: «pensively» "You know, Vosnak... I do not believe that anyone has ever inquired that of me, nor have contemplated the matter myself. As I reflect upon the concept, it occurs to me that, from my birth until this very moment, my existence has been focused not on attaining that which I desire, but rather on eluding that which I fear. Avoiding persecution, avoiding ridicule, avoiding loneliness, and above all, avoiding having to query myself such questions. Now, bound as we may be to Thorn's will, I am in point of fact at greater liberty than ever before, to chart the course of my own Destiny. I would do well, to give more consideration to just what it is that I do aspire. I am grateful for your Insight."

Your quiet conversation is abruptly interrupted by a loud, splashing fiasco that erupts behind you. Turning in that direction, you see Jervis, dripping wet, approaching you, carrying something in his mouth. It is a fish, which he has just snatched from the water with his own paws. You watch the fish convulse as Jervis eats one half of its head and tears out a mouthful of its gut. Then, peering at you with curiosity, he offers the rest to you. It seems that he has magnanimously saved you one of the eyeballs.

Ixe: "Oh... no, my Friend, we've... already eaten. But thank you."

Disappointed, Jervis scurries off to the shadows. As you listen to the sound of bone crunching and wet, scaly flesh slapping about the wooden deck, Ixe turns to you, with a started look on his face.

Ixe: «incredulously» "He is learning... the concept of giving?"
    Last edited by Ixe; 2018-04-14 at 12:30 PM.