Quote Originally Posted by WarrentheHero View Post
Somewhere al9ng the lines of 1.5-2 years ago there was a couple of 5e contests that I think were organized pretty well. They had their main thread latlying out the rules. People would build their classes in separate threads, since they were more visible to those outside the contest, and it avoided posting 2-4 pages of content as comments in the submission. Instead, you would simply put a comment in the submission thread with a link to your class, and a link in your class to the contest.

This way, all critiques relates to your class would be contained within the class's thread, which is much easier than cross-referenxing two threads. And again, it meant that your class could be seen by those who don't bother with contests, so you would have greater feedback, and it avoids cluttering the main thread with 25 levels of class features.
These are all good points and I had definitely considered that set up to it. The main thing though is that most of the people who are doing these contest are also the same people accustomed to doing or viewing the 3.5e competitions, and I wanted to make it easy for those people to compete here too. And I don't really think the cross-referencing is all that difficult, nor do I believe the idea of keeping all the content in one thread as clutter. I suppose it would attract more attention if each class had its own individual thread, but that is about the only merit I can see.

For now though I think we should probably stick with the current model. It is one people are more familiar with (to my knowledge) and is somewhat easier to organize and keep together. Maybe in the future I will implement that but it seems like a fault to do so now. If enough people also bring up the same complaint I will definitely change it, but it just doesn't seem like the best idea now that I have already started everything.