Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
It looks like 4e's archons have become 5e's elemental myrmidons. Well, an elemental in armor makes for an odd yet not entirely unpleasant look. But it mainly makes me hopeful for a return of celestial archons.
Elemental myrmidons were in PotA. Is it going to be a reprint, or do you think we'll get more types?

Then we have the modron's evil cousin, an Acheronian construct called the cadaver collector.
No. No, that's just wrong.

Modrons are supposed to be truly lawful, with no other thing involved. The idea of a modron with any alignment on the Good/Evil spectrum goes against everything modrons are.

We are also getting more trolls. The art shows one who grew more heads and limbs, and one who looks pestiferous. There is also a mention of dire trolls.
Yes! I've been waiting for diretrolls for ages!

New art for the eladrin and shadar-kai. I dig the latter, not sure about the former.
Eh. I despise anything that gives elves another reason to be haughty. By which, I mean that fact that they're all related to mighty rulers of the planes.

Shadar-kai are different. I've always thought of elves as "banished fey", i.e. minor fey who were kicked out of the Feywild for some reason and fell to Earth. Elves from the Shadowfell is an interesting twist that I'll be looking forward to.

Also, new halfling art, which continues to be terrifying.
When is it not?