Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Dude, it has been long established that literally, everyone has some potential to learn magic and that once you know it, all you have to do to get powerful and learn more magic is keep casting your spells and otherwise practicing magic.

The rarest kind of wizard was established in the last segment of the arc to be ridicloulsly common, if only when you're looking at the actual number instead of the percentile.

It had previously been established that Ashley had affinities and personality traits that made her compatible with a ridiculous number of transformation spells and it was only Ashley's kindhearted nature that prevented Pandora from marking her with the most disruptive ones,so it's not like the idea of Ashley having magic cameout of nowhere.

Besides, EGS i heading towards the "Unmaksed World" trope and Tedd's dream of giving kiterally everyone magic. If everyone has magic, than magic is what's "normal." And being the only person in the castto have absolutly nothing magical until recently, if she joins the cicle, she still has the normal perspective.

And that's assuming that the Wand isn't calling every magic user a Wizard the same way that the Griffon's immediatly assumed that Nanase was a princess intead of merely a strong mage: For all we kno, under the system of magic it's familiar with, only Wizards had enough magical energy to sense, leaving her still functionally a normal unless they let her keep the wand.
Not exactly: anyone can become a mage, but not everyone has an affinity that makes them particularly effective at it. And actively becoming a mage requires a kick-start, so having the potential to use magic isn't the same as being a mage. The vast majority of the populace (including potential seers) are completely dormant.

Unlike Susan, Diane, or Sarah, Ashley doesn't just have an affinity that makes the kickstart easier, she's a full-blooded wizard. So they took the Circle's last remaining muggle and turned her into a wizard. I suppose I see the point, as Tedd was the Circle's only wizard but lacked the ability to actually cast anything. Bringing in an actual wizard fills a hole in the roster, but still... Given that exposure to the sentient wand is likely all that Ashley needs to get her own kick-start, this means the only character in the Circle who doesn't have magic is Grace, the oft-mentioned most powerful mortal in Moperville...

Is it that wrong to want a single non-caster in the group? Someone who's not one dramatic last stand away from unlocking a plot-critical spell when they need it? Someone who is actually limited to normal means to solve problems? I'm not saying this is a deal breaker. EGS has done things that bother me far worse than this and I still follow it, but I am disappointed. Not a lot, mind you, just enough to sigh and say "of course they had to do that" and move on.

More importantly, am I the only one who thought "Deadpool" when they saw the... thing... in the crate?