Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
...Well, here I was trying to come up with a cool name for the deck, and you go and do that. *grumble, grumble*

I wasn't super happy about the cost on Firefist or Chronicler's kick, either. I do like the idea of sticking to Dominaria as much as possible, so as to get more longevity before things cycle out, but I'm really fine with anything besides Kaladesh. Because I'm too much of a Vorthos for my own good, I'd also like to avoid Soul-scar and Spellweaver, since they clash with the flavor I have in mind. Going by that, I come up with this...

Spoiler: Reach Heaven Through Violence
Show
4 Adeliz, the Cinder Wind
4 Earthshaker Khenra
4 Ghitu Lavarunner
4 Pyromantic Pilgrim
4 Siren Stormtamer

4 Crash Through
4 Fervent Strike
4 Lightning Strike
4 Warlord's Fury
4 Wizard's Lightning

4 Highland Lake
4 Island
8 Mountain
4 Sulfur Falls

Earthshaker is something I was looking at anyway, since I see it coming highly recommended in RDW, and I feel like that plus Crash Through should cover Renegade Tactics' niche well enough.

Still not sure about sideboard, but Spell Pierce and Obstructionist do look good, and the extra Blue gives me more to play around with in terms of control (which I'm about as unenthusiastic about as straight burn, but if it works...). I'll look around some more. Planning on doing the draft next weekend, so hopefully that'll give me a chance to scope things out.

Edit: How about this?

Spoiler: Sideboard
Show
3 Nimble Obstructionist

4 Shivan Fire
4 Spell Pierce
4 Wizard's Retort
What's the flavour you have in mind? Without Soul-Scar and Spellweaver you lose a lot of the instant/sorcery synergy. Maybe you'd be better off going a bit bigger and heavier in blue, playing Naru and Naban?

If you want to stick with the aggro plan, there's probably not enough blue sources to support Retort. Negate and Essence Scatter are your counters of choice, I think. Magma Spray is generally going to be a better sideboard card than Shivan Fire too, as the exile clause may be relevant.

Earthshaker Khenra isn't a Wizard, so there's no synergy with Adeliz. If you need a 2-drop, maybe Burning-Fist Minotaur?