To 5a Violista: As much as that is a rich and detailed system... where do those derived stats come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
Stealth: additional people provide a penalty to the worst roll. Go ahead, try and sneak an army anywhere.
They managed to sneak five armies onto the beaches of Normandy did they not? Stealth is a bit more than darting across an alleyway without a guard noticing you. Or you could say I see stealth as quite a bit more than "move silently". Not that I would consider Operation Overlord a stealth check (followed by some combat) but general principles of misdirection and finding places where people aren't watching as closely can be applied on behalf of those who don't know how to work them. ... I'm not really sure why I am going on about this but people seem to have a narrow view of the subject. Also one that often makes it less fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jayem View Post
Yes you won't find a single 'co-oporation' system that deals with mass events [without taking into account what the activity was].
Yeah I'm not really trying to, the particular one I am looking for are when we have characters working "shoulder-to-shoulder" with contributions of the same type on a single task. Many others have already been covered. Of course even that, as has been pointed out, has sub cases. So of those I am more interested in the synergistic uses. There are a couple of reasons for this, but the biggest is probably the simple fact the anti-synergistic cases will be avoided - and hence any rules I right for them unused - when ever possible. Unless the system forces them to work together why would people would together in a place that it makes it harder? So yeah, maybe I will create rules for when you have to drag along a dead weight, but that isn't a priority. Plus with luck it will just be the opposite of the synergistic case.

So I hope that explains what I am looking for.