1. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: It's a Group Effort: Resolving Mass Rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    To Quertus: See that is the thing, although Bob (in particular) was not sneaky as we usually think about it. But he got to the "inner sanctum" of the evil base without the alarm getting raised. So he was ultimately successful in his stealth. If that is how someone playing a brawler character wants to flavour their stealth check, I wouldn't disagree. Now I want to do a deep dive on stealth skills, this is getting off topic for this thread though.
    I mean, it's your thread, right, so you can say that it's off topic, but... I think I'm going somewhere on topic with this. I think.

So, let me describe some gameplay. Imagine if Bob's player simply rolled stealth, on some ICE-style stealth table. Only, the stealth table just has point values for success, and complications. Bob's player then narrates what actually happens, "buying" complications of damaged property, guards who can be noticed as no longer on shift, guards who can be questioned later, etc. Or, Heck, maybe it's just one "success" value, and Bob's player is buying more success with these complications.

The relevance here is, for your question, each player could make a roll on their own table (on my "strength-based stealth helper" table, I scored three blues and a red, for example), and narrate what success or complications they add.

Mind you, I think I would personally hate such a system. But it's an idea for you to look at.
    Last edited by Quertus; 2018-04-23 at 01:44 PM.