View Single Post

Thread: Outside 46

1. - Top - End - #731
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 46

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [In the Woods]

Ganderous? Flashific? Those aren't words Batu has heard before. Odd, but charming.

"I'd be happy to get some, anyway. Then I can see if and how they work. And I'm sure they're nice to have anyway."
    Div's ears flick, and he grins. "Very good then. Hmm. Let's see..."

Div starts to get a few things out of his pack, his eyes darting between Batu and his collection. He takes a knife to what looks like a small piece of bone or stone, applies some paint, and mutters a few verses of some chant over the object in a soft voice.

What he finally hands Batu resembles the eggshell-white tooth of a crocodile or some other titan lizard. It is painted with the image of an eye peering out from beneath a rushing river. The wavering lines to represent the water have been carved carefully into the object, and Div has punched a hole through the top of the tooth. Through this he threads a red string.

He passes a hand over it one more time as it rests in his palm, and speaks a single pair of syllables. "Shi'ka," he extends it toward Batu. Blushing, but still smiling just slightly, without showing his teeth. "For you."

If Batu lets Div, he'll put it on over the hob's head. He has to get up closer and kneel in front of him to do so. "May you remain fierce in your purpose, and safe in your travels watched over by the Sivn-Galláe, the spirits of the realm beneath the river." He settles the charm down, and laughs, blushing. "I am supposed to kiss your head now, to complete the ritual. The forest witches do so. I can probably skip that part though."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-04-26 at 06:49 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters