Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
One thing that stuck me is how similar it looks to the new XCOMs, both the interface and graphics. If I didn't know better I'd say they're running on the same engine, but they can't have possibly licensed that, can they?
Yeah, part of me insists that there has to have been a firaxis leak of some kind for them to have the look THAT CLOSE. I'm surprised they're being so collaborative. I can't wait to see the Solomon Chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
I've seen people on Youtube playing the one sample mission that's been released and it has some interesting stuff in it--the enormous boss monster with about ten times as much health as anything else that forces you to choose your shots is particularly cool; in X-Com such a thing would basically be an exercise in frustration as you try to whittle its massive health bar down. I also like the return of Action Points, but combined with the intuitive X-Com UI feature where it shows you immediately how far you can move while still being able to take a shot at the end of it.

However, we're well over six months out from release, so we'll have to wait and see how the thing actually plays for ourselves.
I maaay have splurged and picked up the alpha build pre-order, so I'll post screenshots of that tomorrow. Apparently it'll have the demo level they've shown off before, as well as procedurally generated missions.