Quote Originally Posted by youtellatale View Post
I think we're in agreement on the important part about #3 - it isn't important enough to argue about. As for re-rolling 1s & 2s: I haven't seen it come up much if any at all when playing in the games I've played in so maybe it's just me but this isn't a huge deal either way.
Quote Originally Posted by Belier View Post
Well on a D8 reroll 1 and 2, the average damage goes from 4.5 to 4.93 wich doesn't seem game breaking. As a dm thought, I clearly think the intent of the style is to be applied on the weapon strike physical part and not on any magic coming from the weapon or pc.
I think #1 does matter, if not a ton. GWF is a pretty weak fighting style. Defense is competitive with it if you are a paladin with a greatsword. Whether or not GWF applies to smite and GFB is going to be a factor in which one I pick, possibly the deciding factor.

As to it coming up or not... it comes up in every game where you have a paladin who wields a two-handed weapon or when you have a Battlemaster who has GWF. So not all the time, but reasonably often.

As to it being unrealistic.... eh. I mean, what the heck does a battlemaster damage die represent, anyway? What does 'rerolling a 1 or a 2' represent? The fighting styles are pretty darn gameified.