1. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XX: It's Not A Recolor, It's An Original Thread

Let me clarify my position:

I hope WoW Classic is exactly like WoW was as of patch 1.11. I also hope it's successful enough (whatever that means to Blizzard) that they release one or more BC servers...which are, or arrive, at the rules of the game in patch 2.4.

That's it. I consider WoW modern beyond any possibility of salvaging, and thus for all of me they're welcome to change it in any way at all or none. If I was designing the precise game I wanted, it wouldn't look exactly like BC circa patch 2.4 (though the things I would change are not the things that modern-WoW players seem to point to to go, "SURELY you don't want THAT back?!"), but any changes made to it would not be chosen by me: they'd be chosen by WoW's current development team, the people who gradually turned the game into what's on live now, and if I wanted to play what they considered the "best" version of WoW I'd be doing so. If they resist all urges to "fix" things and follow the precise template the people who were working on WoW at the time used before, then they'll have brought back a fun game--at least, for those weirdos like me who still play twelve-year-old games. If they do that, I and the people here playing modern WoW can periodically remember briefly that the other version of WoW exists and shake our heads in synchronized disbelief that anyone would choose to play it.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-04-30 at 08:33 PM.