1. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's build YOUR setting! Idea smorgasbord

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    Tattoos are Power!

A number of tattoos may be endowed with magical properties. Each takes the place of an item slot, so an empowered tattoo on the head takes the place of a magical hood or helmet, a tattoo on the torso takes the armor slot, or one on the hand takes the weapon slot.
    A question about slots: have you written this according to 5e rules? In 3.P and earlier, a tattoo on the hand would take the hand slot (in place of a glove or the like) or maybe the ring slot, but thete is no weapon slot as such. Likewise, a tattoo could take up the torso slot, but not armor.

In general, cool idea. I've had this idea for some time but never thought it out this well, starting with a particular item that I want for one of my characters. (I should write have written that item up in the 1001 Homebrew Magic Items thread.)
    Last edited by jqavins; 2018-05-06 at 03:45 PM.
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson
    And shared laughter is magical

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.