1. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars RP - Working for the empire ideas

The best way of making sure that your players will actually grow to hate the Empire they are working for is if it screws them where they care.

For example. If they develop allies and good relationship with certain underhanded (but good-hearted) members of societies, have the local Imperial governor/garrison leader go against these allies for technical terms.

Whever the players develop something good with someone, have these people somehow hurt by the systematic oppression of the Empire. And eventually.. have these people ask a "favor" to your PCs, to get away with it, or maybe to just run away. Have the players pick between personal loyalty and ideological loyalty.

And quicker than you can say "Corrupt", the players will start double-crossing their employer, collaborate with organized crime or the actual bona-fide rebellion, and strike out on their own.

The thing is, you will never motivate your players by a Grandiose Ideological Demonstration. Because while, yhea, the Empire as a whole may do evil stuff, but they give me my gear and they pay well. Plus, the Gungan Rebellion is your backstory man, i dont want to screw it up.

Instead, you have to make your players realize that every individual rebels they meet have their own personal stories of blatant injustice that awakened. Hey, even Luke freakking Skywalker did not take arms against the Empire on an ideological crusade, but because his foster parents were carelessly and needlessly killed by the jackbooted thugs looking for two miserable droids
    Last edited by Cikomyr; 2018-05-12 at 08:05 PM.