View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1121 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1121 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that this point invalidates the theory. It does not. Fire suggests Loki without ruling out any other deity. If there had been only one possible god involved in providing that flame, there would be no mystery; even Durkula could have worked it out by process of elimination.
    It also suggest Sunna (Goddess of the Sun) and Surtur (Lord of the Fire Giants).

And
    there wouldn't be much reason for Durkon's mantra, "do your duty even if it makes you miserable," if Durkon's mother had been doing what made her happy.
    Are you saying that insisting on paying back gifts from friends despite being a one-armed (probably) jobless single mother living in near destitution or, as I proposed before, giving away considerable wealth because she thought she could not in good conscience enjoy said money is not "doing your duty even if it makes you miserable" or that she is somehow enjoying it?

Clearly, her son becoming a cleric of Thor did not make her happy
    thatis not clear to me. She gives a perfectly valid reason not to be enjoying the feast* 100% and look as proud and happy as a stick figure can look during the actual ordination. If anyone looks grumpy it's the grandfather (is he Sigdi's father or Tenrin's by the way?).

Clearly she was hiding the story of Tenrin's death, and whether he died with or without honor, for a reason. The confluence of {death with (dis)honor, fire magic, and not-Thor} = Loki, not some other deity.
    Agree, there is something fishy. About Tenrin, not Sigdi.

Since we're pretty clear on the idea that Durkula cannot link the meaning of disparate memories, it stands to reason that the disparate memories will have something hidden in them. I propose this as being reasonable, given what we know.
    I agree. However if your theory is: Sigdi had her squad use (we don't even know if they made them themselves, they could very well have brought them with them from Firmament) fire-enchanted weapons against an ennemy that they knew would regenerate every wound not made with fire or acid, there is something wrong with the story of Tenrin's death (which is also where the fire comes in) and she wasn't able to stop thinking about her problems when her son became a Cleric therefore she may have been a Lokite, then you will forgive me if I don't find it very likely.

*We can add to that the possiblity of her being afraid that Durkon is wasting his life trying to fix hers.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2018-05-14 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Messed up my quotes.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.