View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IX

1. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IX

Despite her attempts at a calm and dignified manner, Sforza's appraisal of her left her cheeks burning scarlet.

However, this did not impede her ability to form a proper response. She had her opportunity, and she would take it!

"Yes...yes, I am quite aware of my current state, Capitano. I am on an errand from La Aguila Ultima Isabella Giovanna Luccelli to find Daniele Barbaro. I have a missive for him in my bags. There were...omens observed last Hexensnacht at the Temple in Magritta. The Priests performed their divinations and the only answer they received was that Barbaro was somehow involved. I was dispatched to find him."

Astoria huffs a disparaging sigh. "I travelled from Magritta by ship to Barrack Varr, and passed into the lands of Duke Alvarr. When I happened across some soldiers looking for Father Vengist, I inquired after Barbaro with them and they immediately arrested me." The venom in her voice at the notion of such an affront is palpable. "I was stripped of my arms and armour, and locked in a cage as they planned to take me to Alvarran for the Duke to decide my fate. None of the soldiers wished to displease Myrmidia by slaying one of her chosen. That is where Sir Sieghard had found me, and while they were good enough to return my father's sword....the rest of my possessions have been included in your....plunder.

Sieghard
    "Do you think that means she'll be giving me land as well?" Sieghard replied, smirking.
    "Are you...not a knight?" Astoria blinked owlishly. "I apologize then! I had just...assumed...that with the surly demeanor and sharp temper you were one of the Heldenhammer's Knights." She offered a small bow, perhaps to hide the sharp smirk of her own that had begun to blossom on her face.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-16 at 12:10 AM.