Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
While I don't deny that there is bugs in Paradox games (they are in just about any game in existence, which is logical if you start comparing the number of Q/A hours vs. Player hours ... and at least Paradox are good at releasing hotfixes, specially for anything remotely egregious), IMHO they vastly exaggerated and usually only relevant if you go out of your way, pushing the game to the extreme.

I've never sat around waiting for the patches being hotfixed a handful of times (... which is not to say that I haven't held onto a previous patch to complete my current game), and I've never encountered any bug of Paradox's that was so severe that I couldn't play
Stellaris' 1.6 which meant the AI couldn't declare war?

Granted, that has been, I think, the worst and they hot fixed within a couple of days, but...

I have found, in general, that Stellaris has had more of the unfortunate release bugs than CK2 or EUIV (though there have been a couple of those releases where it was "nope, wait for patch" and with Stellaris, often the new things I have wanted to play (Hive minds, then machine empires) have been... Considered poor to start with (or buggy) and I've waited for the balancing patch... At which point, the next DLC has been annouced and then it's been "you know what? That looks amazing, wait for that DLC." And then wait for the patch (because 2.0 issues (and Witcher 3) and then Distant Stars...

It was more of a jibe, though, than a complaint. Games this complex aren't easy to get big-free (like everything else, you can pretty much garentee you won't find the problems until out in the wild where you have orders of magnitude more runs), so it's expected in the main... Just they have dropped the ball once or twice with Stellaris with stuff they REALLY should have caught (the aforementioned 1.6), and for that, some good natured ribbing is fitting punishment.