1. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: MitD X: If I told you, you wouldn't believe me

Quote Originally Posted by Throknor View Post
    1) The point of the boots is that if it could wear boots then someone could lampshade him getting boots and Rich could draw round boot prints without giving anything away about his feet/mode of transportation other than size, and without a whole 'he doesn't leave tracks' discussion.

2) a) I'm not being as sarcastic as I sound when I ask what him being able to float does for narrowing down the list or even adding to it. I don't think I'm wrong in saying a goal of this thread is to use clues to identify the MITD, so how does it floating help do so?

b) Belkar says "there are tracks all over the place" and then calls them "strange" as he follows them. He does not say "there's a groove like a body being dragged in this direction but no other tracks". The MITD clearly drags O'Chul later, so I don't see why he wouldn't have been dragging Roy.

I'm of the opinion that either the tracks in the snow would give away the MITD or would just be hard to do. Could I be wrong? Sure, I do accept he could be floating. I'm just not seeing it help with the list.

Heck, they may just cast Fly on him for some reason. Maybe he kept tripping down the mountain or up to the doors and they got tired of it.
    Remember, he wasn't just dragging Roy, he was also presumably dragging all his tea party toys (stuffed animals, chairs, table, etc). I'm personally not convinced that Belkar could consistently identify the track of dragged body (maybe he could, but I'm not certain), but MitD dragging all that stuff simultaneously would indeed leave an awfully strange track.
    Last edited by Crusher; 2018-05-21 at 12:15 AM.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan